Notice of Special General Meeting
Notice is given that a Special General Meeting of the members of Collingwood Harriers Athletic Club Inc. will be held on 12 February 2019 at 7:00 pm at George Knott Reserve, Heidelberg Rd, Clifton Hill.
The meeting is for the purpose of considering and, if thought appropriate, passing the following special resolution:
That the constitution of Collingwood Harriers Athletic Club Inc. be amended by:
- In Rule 12(1):
- Replacing the words at the commencement of the Rule ‘At each annual general meeting, the Association must determine‘ with the words ‘The Committee must determine before the commencement of each financial year‘; and
- In sub rule (a) replacing the words ‘the following‘ with the word ‘that‘.
- In Rule 12(2) replacing the word ‘Association‘ with the word ‘Committee‘.
- In Rule 12(3) replacing the word ‘Association‘ (where twice appearing) with the word ‘Committee‘.
- Deleting Rule 12(4)
- In Rule 13(2):
- After the word ‘vote‘ insert the words ‘at a general meeting‘; and
- After sub-rule (a) insert a new sub-rule providing as follows:
- the member has paid an annual subscription at any time during the period of 12 months immediately preceding the date of the general meeting; and
- Renumber existing sub-rule (b) to (c)
Procedural Note: – A special resolution must be passed by three quarters of the members who are present at the special general meeting and entitled to vote (in person or by proxy) on the resolution, and who do vote, in accordance with section 64 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic). Amendment of the constitution is permitted by Rule 80.
Proxy: – A member may appoint another member as his or her proxy to attend, vote and speak at the special general meeting. Any appointment of a proxy must be in the form of the attached Notice of Proxy and signed by the member making the appointment. Any such notice of the appointment of a proxy must be either:
- sent as an attachment to an email to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 11 February 2019; or
- given to the chairperson of the meeting before or at the commencement of the meeting.
Dated: 16 January 2019
A McAdam, Secretary
By authority of the Committee